Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Karma strikes again...

So why did I say I liked the trade again? Apparently a Cavs jersey is the same as kryptonite when it comes to shooters. Wally can't hit anything and it seems to be getting in his head meaning...it isn't going to improve anytime soon. We could have another Larry Hughes on our hands.

Now I know I am overreacting to a game where Milwaukee threw the ball in the air and it somehow always landed in the basket and then with an and one to go with it. And I know it was a game where Redd hit an amazing three pointer at the end to win it that I normally would call bull#$%&. Coming from Redd, a cold blooded shooter, I really cannot say that. Those clutch shots are what he does. Nevertheless, this game also had every loose ball go the home team's way and no calls go our way. Wally called for a foul as he AVOIDED the player??? Clearly he did not touch him. So many other calls that weren't called when we had the ball and ridiculous calls when the opponent had the ball. Sounds like sour grapes, but this was pure crap tonight.

But I am more concerned with Wally inability to get in a rhythm. He may turn out like Damon Jones who just now (three seasons later) is hitting shots like he was hyped to be able to do coming in.

Just great. The Huey Karma got me again. I should not have fallen for it. I retract my statement. On the record, I say this trade sucks. And the Cavs are in trouble. Then LeBron will leave to be with his man crush JayZ in Brooklyn and we will be left with mediocre at best scrubs.

Sigh.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, you are officially against the trade. You are not allowed to cheer for the team if they do well. This is no longer your team. Your cavs team was the larry hughes, drew gooden model. Any success from the current team just means you were wrong, so further posts would be unfounded.

Huey said...

If that gets them a ring....fine. I'll eat the crow. I'll be as "unfounded" as I need to be. I'm the ulitmate team player. Taking one for the team. You guys enjoy your team while I wallow in my disdain for the old squad.

Anything....anything for a ring I say.

Anonymous said...

I heard about this from a story over on Highbrid Nation and I honestly don't see Lebron leaving Cleveland. He seems like one of the few athletes around today with integrity and loyalty. I could be wrong though.

Huey said...

Mike, I pray you are right. I have felt the same way throughout all of these rumors. But after reading the article on Yahoo! I became very worried. There are numerous reasons LeBron may stay in Cleveland, but my pessimism is making it hard to trust.

Unknown said...

Huey John,

I've got three things to say cause we just lost to Boston tonight too.
1. Last night was Milwaukee's night. They've been on a tear and it's unfortunate we ran into them when they had their buzzsaw on. And you knew Redd was gonna win that game for them no matter what. Look where the guy went to college. He's got the heart and will of a champion, clutch is his middle name. I think he got his degree in "clutchinomics." It's a specialized degree few schools give out. (Heard MJ went back to UNC in his 4th yr. in NBA and got his)(LeBron was born with that degree)
2. LeBron is bigger than Karma. Feel free to cheer and love anything associated with him.
3. If we don't win a championship, Lebron will leave. If we win a championship, he will stay. It's that simple.

Thanks again.