Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Softball pt 2.

I have deliberately avoided posting my weekly softball updates. Partly due to the fact I doubt anyone cares. But mostly due to my absolutely, no question about it, HORRID start to the season.

I ended fall ball in '07 discovering some hidden power. Not fence busting power but gap power that allowed my so so speed to race around the bases for stand up home runs. At first, I thought it was a fluke but it happened numerous times on two different teams. So I entered this season with excitement and eager anticipation.

I promptly started off with driblers back to the pitcher, swings and misses and easy pop outs. I NEVER SWING AND MISS SOFTBALL PITCHES!!!! So I have played with my stance, tried to analyze my swing, begged teammates for observations and advice but ended up with the same crap. And I noticed my teammates in the same quandry as they were hitting into easy outs. Oh, this was frustrating.

But my friends!!!!! Tonight that changed. BAck in my familiar surroundings of Hilliard, Ohio, I let loose for several hits, a lucky error by the shortstop and...ladies and gentlemen drums please: A homerun to the opposite field...kinda. It was right center but that counts for scrubs like me. They played me for a punk and I made them pay.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeah. They better recognize!

No comments: