Tuesday, March 18, 2008

This one is for Nathan IV

I don't know you very well Nathan, but I know you have a passion for much that I do. One of those things would be sports.

MVP? Kobe? LeBron? Garnett? Paul? Who am I missing?

Let's discuss why James is a runaway MVP.

First, he is an all round stat stuffer. A triple double machine. This year in particular his triple double games have significantly increased.

Second, he is scoring close to 30 points a game. (I am too tired to validate my claims with actual stats tonight so I am going to stick to general statements) Many of these points in critical, clutch situations either at the end of games or to stop runs or start runs by the Cavs.

Third, he is the best during money time...that being the fourth quarter. He flat out owns the last 12 minutes. The Cavs as a team lead the league or darn near close to it in 4th quarter comebacks and it is due to LeBron's domination during that time.

Also, he is the obvious leader of the team and carries them on his shoulders on a nightly basis.

In addition, he plays much better defense than he gets credit for. Granted, he isn't all world, I get that, but he plays the passing lanes as good as anyone and is improving each year.

It's LeBron's turn this year. He is MVP.

No comments: