Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Thank You

Every now and then I feel the urge to thank those of you reading my blog. This is one of those times. I write this thing because I really enjoy it. I like discussing things on my mind. I have a lot of stuff on my mind, as does anyone really. But I enjoy putting it out there for others to read.

While I have had plenty of fun spewing my venom to the world for my own selfish, egocentric, vain reasons, there hasn't been much discussion on this blog. But that is ok. This is NOT a call for everyone to start commenting. Part of me wants more comments to fulfill some sort of need for validation. It is like that phase we all went through throwing "keggers" back in college. You would measure the success of the party by how many kegs you finished off. Somehow your supposed popularity was indicated by this. And the more popular you were, the cooler you were and therefore more worthwhile.

Well, that is how I felt anyway. I'll admit it. My point is, that same feeling creeps in at times. I want to be popular. I want to feel as though this blog is worthwhile. I think this could be measured by how many people comment on it. I feel like I go overboard sometimes in plugging this blog. I just linked it in an email thread with some friends but mostly strangers. I was hoping to continue an awesome discussion we had going. I wanted to create some buzz on this blog. Side note: Does anyone know how I can get new comments listed on the side of this blog so viewers can see new comments on old posts? My sister in law has that feature but I can't figure it out on here.

I have learned though that comments don't necessarily mean as much as I think. I don't really care what strangers who may so happen to browse through here think. I shouldn't. What I care about it how my friends and family enjoy it. I get a ton of positive responses from friends and family about the blog all the time. That is awesome. I love that. I love hearing that people liked what I wrote. Or I love hearing them reference old posts in our conversations. That is, in the end, the point.

So thank you.

Thanks Chris for having some fun guessing the other bands on my list. And thanks for other good conversations about the blog. It is actually the late night metaphysical discussions we would have back in the day that has inspired many of these posts. Granted those late night discussions may have been fueled by the partying earlier in the night but I haven't lost memory of them.

Thanks Kathryn for setting the blog as your homepage...or at least in the past.

Thanks Michelle for commenting on how you enjoyed the view into the education from a different point of view as your own. And thanks for calling me out on Pearl Jam.

Thanks Zac for consistently chiming in. Thanks for your help and opinions. Valid, educated opinions.

Thanks Chad for bringing up the posts at school to help lighten the day.

Thanks mom for lending your support and encouragement as well as your educated expertise on the spiritual posts..

Thanks Jackie for being so over the top complimentary about my stuff.

Thanks Doug for giving your two cents when we talk about the sports stuff.

Thanks Dad for keeping my grammar in check and jotting notes of your observations to share with me on trips out to Chicago to help Doug move. And tanks for passing the word to your friends at church.

Thanks Jenn for giving me the idea in the first place.

Thanks Mike T. for lending your eloquent insight and opinion and point of view as well.

Thanks Nelson for opening my eyes about MMA.

Thanks Kasper for reading for the sports posts and using them against me in our sports debates while religiously watching our Cleveland teams lose at King Ave 5.

Thanks Carrie for sharing your heart felt opinions about my Ally posts.

Thanks to Hostetler for quietly reading my blog then referencing a post during our pre-Vegas (errrrr...Veags) excursion with Travis out and about Los Angeles, CA.

I know I am forgetting people. For ANYONE who has been reading this blog regularly or casually, THANK YOU!!!!

It is very cool talking about this stuff with you guys. It really is.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

It's still my homepage!!!

And who is comaprozac? He always comments and has really cool things to say. If you didn't thank him, I'd like to!

Huey said...

That's Zac. I don't have any pics on my computer since he moved long before I started uploading them. I too enjoy his comments and you two had some good back and forth earlier.

Huey said...

And those are some good looking people in those pics weren't they? Man, I have some physically appealing family and friends.