Friday, July 18, 2008

Shameless Cheese Blog

I was thinking the other day how Will Smith's "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" is such a bad song yet so catchy. In fact I have thought many times over that it is my favorite cheesy dance song. There is something about it that makes me want to dance. Yes. I should be set in front of a firing squad and shot for writing those words.

But it is the God honest truth and I have other bad songs that make me want to dance. Of course, I use the term dance loosely in that I cannot dance worth a nickel.

Another song that usually works...."Stayin' Alive" by the Bee Gees. Of course that song brings out the inner John Travolta in so many people as they, errrrrrrr....we do that silly pointy dance every time it comes on at a wedding or old timers dance club. But I'd rather dance to this than most of the current hip hop out there today.

Yet another groove is "Groove is in the Heart" by Dee-Lite. I love to get down to the beat with this one. I like the moments of stop.......then start again. And the weird sounds like pops and counting and what not. Good stuff.

I have to include the techno favorite from my days at those crazy trippy lighted, trance clubs where everyone (except me) was on some kind of speed or Ecstasy or whatever people do at those places. "Sandstorm" by Darude was always one of my favorites there as I liked to bust a move to it. An electronica artist I have a guilty pleasure for though is Alice Deejay. She had a number of good songs I loved to move to in my car nonetheless.

Oh, I am gonna pay for this post but screw it. Hopefully you guys have some other shameless dance songs you fall victim to from time to time. I know I missed some.

4 comments:

comoprozac said...

I think any song from the past 20 years and a lot of alcohol usually do the trick. Anything that involves the "electric slide" usually fills the dance floor...not by me, however.

Huey said...

Yes, of course alcohol plays a major role but not even that can get me out for "Electric Slide." I can't stand that song or the other staple line dance stuff no matter how many trips to the open bar I have made.

Anonymous said...

Hey - why do you think we "girls" love Mamma Mia so much?????

Who can resist "Dancing Queen" or "Does Your Mother Know (that You're Out)?"??? I'm going to see the movie tomorrow with 13 of my closest girlfriends and expect to be dancing in the aisles - or at least at our house afterward!

Huey said...

Ah yes, ABBA. You can't deny the number of people that just can't resist those ABBA songs.