Saturday, April 10, 2010

Hello Stranger

My blogging has fallen off the edge of the cliff. There are several reasons for this lay off.

First, I haven't felt like I have had anything worth writing about. Topics would come to my mind as I fell asleep at night but I would forget the next day. Sometimes ideas I felt would be interesting just didn't feel all that interesting when I finally made my way to the keyboard.

Secondly, my Facebook Mindjolt game addiction has reared its ugly head and I am beginning to seek out a 12 Step program to help me deal with it and hopefully move past these brain deteriorating wastes of time.

Third, I have been reevaluating my blog. I feel like my posts have regressed to an open letter diary to the world whining about personal hardships or a laundry list of pet peeves and complaints of what is going on around me. My original objective of this blog was to get myself to write more and introduce various thought provoking topics from my perspective in an open forum for family and friends to discuss. But demonstrating my "poor me" tendencies wasn't part of it.

Finally, life has found itself squarely in between me and my blogging.

One week in particular brought me to my knees as I found myself in the hospital with my baby girl. Memories of my nightmarish experiences with my oldest came flushing back, almost drowning me.

This after I found myself in the midst of a shooting just outside my school. I didn't see anything and nobody died but the sound of the gun firing in my direction within a first down of me was humbling.

So I went to work and found myself a new job!

Therefore, my time was consumed with work, family, those stupid Facebook games and a motivated job hunt that turned out to be successful.

I plan to get back to blogging more consistently about interesting topics in the sports world, metaphysical world, field of education, and my personal spiritual journey.

I promise to avoid the pet peeves and over dramatic posts that are really of no concern to anybody but myself.

So keep your eyes open for future posts.

No comments: